Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Don't let the name scare you off. This simple but tasty Thai soup is salty, sour and hot all at the same time. Not to mention pleasing to the eye...
- 200 g fresh clams or 200 g mussels, in shells
- 4 cups stock
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch white sugar
- squeeze lime juice
- 3 -5 birds eye chiles, bruised
- 1 tablespoon coriander leaves
- Scrub the clams.
- Bring the stock to a boil, add salt and sugar to taste, then add the clams and simmer until just opened.
- Discard any clams that remain closed.
- Season with lime juice and bruised chillies.
- Serve scattered with coriander.