Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Easy and delicious.
- 1⁄2 large butternut squash
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 garlic cloves, smashed and chopped
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- vegetable oil cooking spray, like pam
- peel and chop squash into 2 inch cubes and put in a bowl.
- Add all other ingredients and toss.
- Spray a cookie sheet with non-stick veg spray (like Pam).
- put the tray near the bottom of the oven and roast at 350 until tender (about 1/2- 1 hour).
Mmmm. This was delicious. I used stevia instead of brown sugar and halved the olive oil to cut calories and it still came out wonderful. I have a feeling this would taste even better with a dash or two of cinnamon. Thank you, will be trying this again.
Wow! this was wonderful. The flavours of honey, garlic and brown sugar meld wonderfully. Double foil your baking sheet and spray it. Bake until crisp on the edges.
This was so good! I used a whole medium squash, and half the other ingredients - with the exception of the garlic. I also used dark brown sugar vs plain. cooked for about 40 min at 350, sprinkled with a tsp or so more brown sugar and put it under the broiler for about 2 mins, to get the tops sweet and a bit hard in places. Good enough to be desert. A keeper!