Recipe by Brandess
I created the filling for this recipe specifically for my dearest friend, D. This is my personal version of the bacon bite recipe. It is full of complimentary flavors, easy to put together, and you can freeze them or serve them right away. I promise they will knock your socks off and those of your guests. The best part is that you can freeze them and pull a few out when you need them; make ahead for a party or bake them right away.
Top Review by Cathy17
Sometimes simple is better. I prefer the simpler recipes of cream cheese and green onions. This was a bit too much. It tasted alright, but the blend was overpowering for bread and bacon. I normally like recipes like this, but for some reason, this didn't go over well with myself or my husband.
- 12 ounces cream cheese (one 12 oz and 1 3oz pkg. at room temperature)
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, shredded preferred
- 3 tablespoons blue cheese, crumbled
- 3 tablespoons red peppers, diced
- 2 tablespoons scallions, sliced, white and green
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced
- 20 slices white bread (use a soft bread.)
- 1 lb lean bacon
Directions See How It's Made
- Place room temperature cream cheese in the microwave for 30 seconds to make easier to stir. Mix together all of the ingredients, except the bleu cheese, until smooth. gently fold in the bleu cheese; set aside.
- Trim the crusts from the slices of bread. Use a rolling pin or a heavy bottle to roll over each slice of bread to lightly compact it. Otherwise, the bread may crack and split as you try to roll it. Spread the slices with the filling, covering it completely, trying not to overfill. Roll the bread up from the short side, pressing down just enough to make it stick to itself.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the roll, overlapping the bacon to cover the bread completely. Trim off any excess bacon once you reach the end. Do not cover the ends of the roll with the bacon.
- Freeze the wrapped rolls for 30 minutes to firm them up. You can freeze these for OAMC (Once A Month Cooking). I have also baked them immediately after rolling them with no problem *as long as the bacon remains cold*.
- To bake, preheat the oven to 350°F Lightly grease a baking sheet, or line it with parchment paper.
- Slice the rolls in thirds and place on the baking sheet, cut side down. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes (5 minutes longer if baking from frozen), until the bacon is crisp and the tops are golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and place on a serving platter. The filling is HOT, please allow to cool for 5 minutes before serving.