Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 5 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon hot red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup dry porcini mushroom, ground to a fine powder in a spice grinder
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 28 ounces rib eye steaks, cut 2 inches thick
- best-quality extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- best-quality balsamic vinegar, for drizzling
- In a small bowl, combine the sugar, salt, garlic, red pepper flakes, pepper, mushroom powder and olive oil and stir well to form a thick, fairly dry paste. Rub the paste all over the steak, coating it evenly, and refrigerate, wrapped in plastic, for 12 hours or overnight.
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator and brush off the excess marinade with a paper towel. Cook on the hottest part of the grill for 25 minutes, turning every 6 minutes, or to an internal temperature of 120 F for medium rare.
- Allow the steak to rest for 10 minutes, then slice against the grain. Drizzle with the olive oil and balsamic vinegar and serve immediately.
i tried this recipe and have to admit this is a great steak recipe, i served mine with new potatoes and green beans.