Prep 12 hrs
Cook 3 hrs
My family is divided over wet or dry ribs. When I'm the cook...we do dry!
- 8 lbs baby back ribs (4 slabs)
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 1⁄4 cups chili powder
- 1 cup paprika
- 1⁄2 cup garlic powder
- 1⁄2 cup dried oregano leaves
- 1⁄4 cup salt
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup onion powder
- Rub: Combine all rub ingredients in a medium bowl. Set aside one cup of the rub for later.
- Rub remaining rub on all sides of baby back ribs, patting to help rub stick to meat. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Allow ribs to stand at room temperature for one hour before placing on the grill. In the meantime, blend vinegar and lemon juice together. Strain through a sieve into a food-quality plastic spray bottle and set aside.
- Place ribs over indirect heat on medium grill. Close and cook for 2-3 hours. Spray ribs with vinegar/lemon juice mixture about every 30 minutes, keeping grill open as little as possible to retain heat. Ten minutes before removing from grill, spray once more and sprinkle ribs with reserved rub.