Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adapted this recipe from several sources. I use this to deep fry our turkey. I have also used it when grilling steaks, chicken and fish. It stores well in an airtight container. My friends and family really like it.
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- 2 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 5 tablespoons ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons onion powder
- 6 tablespoons salt
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons dried thyme
- Mix all ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place.
- Makes about two cups.
- If using for turkey, take a couple of handfuls and rub all over the turkey and inside the cavity.
- Be very generous.
- Do not worry that it would over power the turkey, it does not.
- Store in refrigerator overnight.
- See my recipe for liquid injection too.
I use this dry rub at least once a year. It's quick, it's easy and very tasty!
The dry rub was great. Easy to make and tasted awsome.