Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I've had this recipe on a tattered piece of paper in my recipe box forever. Thought I better post it here for the time the paper copy disintegrates. It's my favorite for pork and chicken. It's not hot, but has a ton of flavor. You could add heat by adding cayenne to taste.
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 1⁄4 cup kosher salt
- 1⁄4 cup garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons black pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground dried rosemary (mortar and pestle works well to grind)
- Pat generously on any cut of pork or chicken. Can smoke or grill immediately, or wrap in plastic wrap overnight in the refrigerator.
Love this Rub!! Have used this many times on many different types of meat!!!
This is a bit sweet but very delicious!! I rubbed it on pork chops then wrapped them in plastic wrap & refrigerated them most of the day before grilling them & oh yum!!! Everybody loved them! I will add some cayenne so we'll have that sweet/hot flavor we so love. Thank you! Made for PAC Spring '12.
This rub is fabulous! It is very close to an imported Italian pork rub that I pay a lot for, so it'll save me some money too! I made 1/3 of this recipe and it will go a long way. Like the other reviewers, I would use this on pork, chicken, beef, even seasoning for other items. So good! Made for my adopted chef for Fall PAC 2011. Thanks Chef eljay! :)