Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
A simple rub but big on flavor, If possible marinate meat for 24 hours before cooking this will allow the rub to permeate into the meat, the cayenne pepper is only optional you may adjust the cayenne to suit your heat level, if you are not a garlic-lover then reduce amount or omit completely.
- 1 1⁄4 cups white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup white salt
- 1⁄4 cup fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 1 tablespoon granulated garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional or to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium bowl mix all spices together.
- Using hands (covered with disposable plastic gloves) rub generously into both sides of the meat, use as much rub as needed to cover the meat completely.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 6-24 hours.
- Store any leftover rub tightly covered in a glass jar.