Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
There are a lot of different recipe combinations for dry rubs, this is one that I really like the best, and have been using quite often lately. Rub on your meat and refrigerate overnight for maximum flavor.
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon white pepper
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 4 tablespoons sweet paprika (not the spicy hot kind)
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon salt
- Combine all ingredients thoroughly.
- Rub onto the meat.
- Wrap tightly with plastic wrap, and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours overnight is even better).
- Refrigerate or freeze any leftovers in an airtight container.
Used this for barbequed chicken and hubby really liked it, but it was much too strong (spicy) for me. I agree with the last reviewer, next time I will reduce the cumin and cayenne. Thanks for posting Kitten :)
We used this recipe for pork ribs. I added a couple of hickory chips to the grill to give them a little smoke flavor. The aroma while cooking is just fantastic. Most of the family doesn't like spicy dishes so I did not use the cayenne. I felt the cumin came on to strongly and will cut it in half the next time.