Recipe by luvmybge
This is a great dry rub. My friend Barb gave it to me.
Top Review by Ann Stone
I prefer "dry ribs" not dripping with any sauce. Just tried this today on 2 slabs of ribs - cooked them slow and low (3 hours at about 250 degrees) great flavor - sweet but sorta spicy. They don't NEED any sauce!
- 8 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 5 -6 lbs baby back ribs
- barbecue sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all herb and spice ingredients.
- Rub over both sides of ribs.
- Let sit in refrigerator for a couple hours or overnight.
- Bake in covered pan at 325 degrees F.
- for 2 1/2-3 hours or until done.
- At this time you can refrigerate until ready to barbecue or immediately put on moderately heated grill and brush your favorite barbecue sauce over them while turning and heating through.