This is a great dry rub. My friend Barb gave it to me.
Make and share this Dry Rub for Barbecued Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- Mix all herb and spice ingredients.
- Rub over both sides of ribs.
- Let sit in refrigerator for a couple hours or overnight.
- Bake in covered pan at 325 degrees F.
- for 2 1/2-3 hours or until done.
- At this time you can refrigerate until ready to barbecue or immediately put on moderately heated grill and brush your favorite barbecue sauce over them while turning and heating through.
I prefer "dry ribs" not dripping with any sauce. Just tried this today on 2 slabs of ribs - cooked them slow and low (3 hours at about 250 degrees) great flavor - sweet but sorta spicy. They don't NEED any sauce!
BEST RIBS EVER. Only thing I do differently is that once I've got them good and rubbed, I drizzle honey on the ribs before closing up in foil. We serve a little more BBQ sauce at the table after brushing on the ribs while they are on the grill. These are my GO TO ribs for summer and everyone FREAKS OUT when I make them. Thanks so much for posting!
The rub had such a wonderful aroma after mixing. I used this on boneless chicken fingers. They were really good. This was my first time using a rub so I put it on sparingly. Next time I will use more before putting it on the grill.