Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From an article on Kansas City famous for it's barbecue.
Make and share this Dry Rub for Barbecue Meats and Ribs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup seasoning salt (such as Lawry's)
- 1⁄4 cup garlic salt
- 1⁄4 cup celery salt
- 1⁄4 cup onion salt
- 1⁄2 cup paprika
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper
- 2 teaspoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sift everything together in a large bowl, blend well using a wire whisk.
- Stores for ages in a jar.
- Sprinkle onto, not into, meat.
- I added one tsp.
- each of cardomom and cumin, and a half tsp.
- of freshly grated nutmeg to a recent batch.
- Friends that I have given this to, tell me they are using it on just about anything they put on the grill, from fish and poultry to steak and baby back ribs.
I put this rub on beef ribs for my husband and daughter and they loved it! When I make barbequed tofu I will try this. Thanks for a good tasting rub!
Used on babyback ribs. Do NOT recommend. Chili powder was overpowering.