Recipe by Impera_Magna
I needed a package of ranch salad dressing mix to make Chloe's Spicy Pretzels (No Cook) ...but did I have one? Of course not! Found this recipe on line: I had all the ingredients on hand and went with it! Since there is a dearth of recipes here for dry ranch salad dressing mix, I thought I'd share it! (From: cooksrecipes.com)
Top Review by Maria M.
I think that this recipe might be fine as a dry mix, but I found that it was terrible as a salad dressing. I used the suggested 1 T. mix to 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of mayo., and had a soupy, flavorless mess. After adding much more mix (probably 5 Tablespoons or so) I had more flavor, but it was still not of salad dressing consistency, even after I refrigerated it for 2 hours. I finally added about 1/4 cup of the mixture to some sour cream to thicken it up, and it was passable. I won't make this again.
- 1⁄2 cup dry buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients in the container of a food processor or blender and process on high speed until well blended and powdery smooth.
- Store in air-tight container.
- To use mix: Combine 1 tablespoon dry mix with 1 cup milk and 1 cup mayonnaise, mix well. Makes 2 cups.