Recipe by awalde
This is delicious curry, easy and fast. The original recipe is from Yasmin Alibhai-Brown, a Ugandan-born British journalist and author of Pakistani descendents. Recipes are described in her fantastic book "The Settelers Cookbook", a Memoir of Love, Migration and Food. See also, http://www.alibhai-brown.com/archive/article.php?id=181 and http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2009/feb/28/yasmin-alibhai-brown-cookbook.
- 14.79 ml sunflower oil
- 14.79 ml sesame seeds
- 9.85 ml cumin seeds
- 1 dried chili
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 236.59 ml about 250g diced boiled peeled potato
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped into slices
- sugar, salt and citric acid to taste
- 29.58 ml desiccated coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and cook seeds, chilli and turmeric for two minutes.
- Stir in potatoes and garlic.
- Stir-fry over low heat, then add remaining ingredients.
- Stuff into pitta bread, adding yogurt and cucumber slices.
- Note: we stuffed this curry in Pudlas (Chickpea panckes).