Prep 28 mins
Cook 20 mins
These are wonderful appetisers for a party or get together or as a snack for a picnic or one of those evenings when you just want to eat and relax! Enjoy!
- 1 cup dried peas
- 1 tablespoon white Urad Dal, soaked in water for a few minutes and drained
- 4 -5 red chilies, for grinding
- 1 potato, grated
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 green chilies, washed and chopped
- 1 inch ginger, washed,peeled and choppped
- asafoetida powder, as required
- fresh coriander, chopped,as required
- curry leaf, chopped,as required
- salt, as required
- oil (for frying)
- Soak the peas in water the previous night.
- The next morning, remove the skin and grind the peas well with the red chillies, asafoetida and salt.
- DO NOT add too much of water when you grind.
- Mix the urad dal, grated and cut veggies and the ground peas.
- Wet your palms with a little water.
- Take the mixture in you palms and shape it into a round shape (like a vada).
- Do not make a hole in the center of the vada.
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Fry the vadas in it till golden brown on both sides.
- Remove from heat, drain on paper towels and serve hot with tomato ketchup or coconut chutney.