1/3 Photos of Dry Oatmeal Mix
Amber of AZ's Note:
This recipe came from the February/March 2003 issue of Taste of Home's Light and Tasty. I really have enjoyed this recipe and the ease of preparation. Also, very economical to have on hand. Those small packets of pre-flavored oatmeal do get pricey. 3 points per serving.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 1/3 cups nonfat dry milk powder
- 1 cup dried apples or 1 cup other dried fruit
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 8 cups water, 1/2 cup per serving
- 1In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- 2Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- 3Yield 8 cups total.
- 4To prepare oatmeal: Shake mix well and measure out oatmeal into bowl, add water, and microwave for 3 minutes.
- 5Or on a stove top, in a saucepan, bring water to a boil; slowly stir in 1/2 cup mix.
- 6Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute.
- 7Remove from the heat.
- 8Cover and let stand for 1 minute or until oatmeal reaches desired consistency.
Browse Our Top Cooking Mixes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cooking Mixes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dry Oatmeal Mix
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 190.8
- Calories from Fat 18
- Total Fat 2.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.3 g
- Cholesterol 2.0 mg
- Sodium 210.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 15.0 g
- Protein 7.6 g