This recipe came from the February/March 2003 issue of Taste of Home's Light and Tasty. I really have enjoyed this recipe and the ease of preparation. Also, very economical to have on hand. Those small packets of pre-flavored oatmeal do get pricey. 3 points per serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- Yield 8 cups total.
- To prepare oatmeal: Shake mix well and measure out oatmeal into bowl, add water, and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Or on a stove top, in a saucepan, bring water to a boil; slowly stir in 1/2 cup mix.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cover and let stand for 1 minute or until oatmeal reaches desired consistency.