Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
This recipe came from the February/March 2003 issue of Taste of Home's Light and Tasty. I really have enjoyed this recipe and the ease of preparation. Also, very economical to have on hand. Those small packets of pre-flavored oatmeal do get pricey. 3 points per serving.
- In a large bowl, combine the first eight ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months.
- Yield 8 cups total.
- To prepare oatmeal: Shake mix well and measure out oatmeal into bowl, add water, and microwave for 3 minutes.
- Or on a stove top, in a saucepan, bring water to a boil; slowly stir in 1/2 cup mix.
- Cook and stir over medium heat for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat.
- Cover and let stand for 1 minute or until oatmeal reaches desired consistency.
This is such a great idea! Those packets of pre-sweetened oatmeal do get expensive and they are overly sweet. I tried the recipe this morning and I really liked it. I didn't add the dried fruit into the whole mix though. I decided I'd just add a tablespoon of dried fruit when I'm cooking it. That way I can vary the taste from day to day by using different dried fruits! Thanks
Thank you so much for posting this! I have been looking through my Light and Tasty magazines all day looking for this specific recipe. This is so much better than the packaged stuff at the store. I like to make mine with a tropical medley of dried fruit.
This is a great mix. I didn't have dried fruits, so I used sliced almonds. But I will try it again with raisins. Thanks Amber :) Made for cookbook tag game