Recipe by JudyCC
Now that summer grilling season is almost here, I decided to put one of my favorite recipes here. It is especially good on chicken and pork, but also can be used when grilling fish or vegetables.
- 1 tablespoon minced dry onion
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients together. Store leftovers in a tightly closed glass jar. It will keep its pungency for over a month.
- To convert this recipe for use as either a marinade (thinner) or a rub (thicker), add a mixture of 2 parts soy sauce to 1 part cider vinegar to jerk mix until desired consistency is reached.