Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
This seasoning is excellent for fish, vegetables, anything! It is not as strong as a rub or marinade. From Jerk from Jamaica.
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon coarsley ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried chives
- Mix together all ingredients.
- Store the leftover seasoning in a tightly closed glass jar. It will keep for over a month.
This was very good, but not quite as spicy as I would have expected. I think I may add a bit more cayenne next time to up the heat. This was a nice addition to my BBQ, and it's always nice to have another way to flavor grilled chicken. Thanks for posting. Made for ZWT5 by one of the Cooks with Dirty Faces.
Thnx for posting this, Susie. Imparted a wonderful flavor to my chicken quarters. Sorry I didn't get a picture of the finished product, but would recommend this to anyone grilling.
Tossed shrimp with this, then sauted them and made shrimp nachos. This seasoning is devious. Snuck up on us, all sweet and a little spicy at first and then gives you some extra heat at the finish. VERY Good! I'll make it again.