Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Use to season either pork or poultry; simply rub into the meat, marinate overnight in the refrigerator, grill or bake, and enjoy! Might be good on beef also, or any other meat. Only thing I would stay away from is white-fleshed fish because, in my experience white-fleshed fish is very delicate tasting and, the flavors of this seasoning are big and bold; therefore, it seems to me, using this Jerk Rub on white-fleshed fish would just overpower the flavor of the fish. As in any of the recipes I enter, if you don't have habanero or don't like habanero, then go ahead and substitute with any other pepper fruit/vegetable. From "Too Many Chiles!" by Dave DeWitt, Nancy and Jeff Gerlach.
- 1 teaspoon dried ground habanero chile pepper or 1 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons ground thyme
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice, ground
- 1 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground nutmeg, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon, ground
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves, ground
- Combine all ingredients and mix well.
- Store in a glass jar, in a cool and dry location.