1/3 Photos of Dry Garlic Ribs-Canadian Chinese Style
2 hrs 10 mins
This is the recipe for the true Canadian-Chinese type of ribs very popular around Ontario, Canada. You can't find these state side, unless you have this recipe!! Having grown up on the canadian border near Cornwall, Ontario in a town named Massena, NY, most of my relatives were from the canadian side so we crossed the border frequently and ate at the many chinese restaurants there. These are very sweet, sticky and delicious! You can use babyback pork ribs, country style pork ribs. This also turns out great using beef ribs, too. I've even used this recipe to cook boneless, skinless chicken in...it's just that good. Very simple ingredients, but don't let that fool you!! You'll see! I also find that you don't have to parboil them like some folks do..I cook them right in the sauce in the oven...gives them more flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Have your butcher cut the rack of ribs the long way down the middle, then you can cut them between the bones into small pieces.
- 2Place the ribs into a shallow baking pan in a somewhat single fashion.
- 3Combine the water, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic and dry mustard into a small saucepan.
- 4Heat the sauce until the brown sugar is dissolved and the mustard isn't floating on the surface.
- 5Pour the sauce over the ribs in the shallow pan.
- 6Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350* for about an hour.
- 7Remove the foil and stir the meat.
- 8Allow to cook 45 minutes more or longer, stirring every 20 minutes so the sugars don't burn, until the meat is very tender.
- 9We love this served over rice, but can be used just as is on the plate!
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Dry Garlic Ribs-Canadian Chinese Style
Serving Size: 1 (434 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1600.8
- Calories from Fat 964
- Total Fat 107.2 g
- Saturated Fat 34.2 g
- Cholesterol 363.5 mg
- Sodium 1525.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 83.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 80.5 g
- Protein 73.3 g