Recipe by Sheynath
Tasty side dish when green beans are fresh. If you have access to Chinese yard-long beans you can use those too, just cut into 2-3 inch lengths. In any case the beans must be fresh, not canned or frozen. The canned and frozen forms have too much moisture in them to fry properly.
- 453.59 g fresh green beans
- 29.58 ml oil
- 59.14 ml walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 4.92 ml dried chili pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash green beans and dry thoroughly. Snap off stems.
- Heat oil in large skillet or wok over medium high heat until almost at the smoking point.
- Add the dry beans to the hot oil and stir-fry until the beans start to get some dark brown spots.
- Add the walnuts and continue to stir-fry to cook all sides of the beans and toast the nuts.
- Sprinkle on the chili flakes and toss to distribute evenly.
- Remove from heat, salt and pepper to taste.