Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A recipe I learned from a Thai cooking course in Thailand
Make and share this Dry Curry Paste (Panaeng) recipe from Food.com.
- 10 dried long red chilies, deseeded and chopped
- 5 shallots, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped garlic
- 2 stalks lemongrass, chopped (only the white part)
- 1 inch galangal, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3 coriander roots, chopped
- 1 teaspoon shrimp paste
- 3 tablespoons roasted peanuts
- Using a pestle and mortar or grinder blend all ingredients together until they form a smooth paste.
- You should have about 6 tablespoons.
An authentic recipe which we very much enjoyed. I was unable to obtain galangal so used fresh ginger root as a substitute. Thanks Latchy, I will use this again and again.