Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from "My Kitchen Desk" SCD compliant, also called Farmers Cheese. Have not tried this recipe yet. I will update later.
- 1. Mix milk and buttermilk in a large oven-proof pot Cover and allow to sit for 24 hours.
- 2. Uncover and place in oven at 200 degrees for 1 hour and 15 minutes. When it's done it should get dry around the edges and have some cracks around the edges. The middle will still be soft. Let it cool completely.
- 3. Place a cheesecloth or a couple layers of paper towels in a strainer.
- 4. Pour the cooled farm cheese into the cheesecloth in the strainer. At this point the cloudy-clear liquid will drain out of the farm cheese.
- 5. Now, gather up the sides of the cheesecloth & tie it up somewhere with a bowl sitting underneath for the whey to drip out of it. Leave it hanging there for a few hours for the whey to drain out. The remaining cheese inside the cloth should be soft with a consistency somewhere in between sour cream and cream cheese. It should be covered and refrigerated.