Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
In Argentina, this mix of herbs and spices is combined with oil and vinegar and used as a sauce for grilled meats. For best results, use dried herb leaves— not powdered or ground. SERVING SUGGESTIONS: Rub all over tri-tip before roasting; sprinkle over halibut fillets before pan-searing; make a marinade for roast chicken by whisking 1/4 cup rub with 1/2 cup olive oil and 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar. This recipe is courtesy of Bon Appetit Magazine, January 2008.
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 3 tablespoons dried basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons dried parsley flakes
- 2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons coarse kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried savory, leaves
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon dry crushed red pepper
- Whisk all ingredients in medium bowl.
- Transfer to airtight container.
- DO AHEAD: Can be made 1 month ahead.
- Store at room temperature.