Recipe by mulan400
This is a sure winner. It is a delectable entree on its own and can, with some modifications, be added to pizza, pasta, burritos, you name it. Just give your imagination free reign and pleasant surprises are guaranteed everytime. Happy cooking.
- 1⁄2 kg chicken, cubed
- 1 teaspoon garlic paste
- 8 -10 green chilies, deseeded and slit
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 -3 tablespoons ginger, julienned
- 1⁄4 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon catsup
- 1 teaspoon ajinomoto (MSG)
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup oil, for stir frying
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok stir fry green chillies and set aside.
- In the same wok add cubed chicken till cooked through. Set aside.
- Remove all but 1 TB of oil form the wok.
- Fry garlic paste for one minute till mildly aromatic.
- Add soy sauce, lemon juice, oyster sauce, sugar, catsup, MSG and pepper.
- Cook till sauce is somewhat reduced and thick.
- Add cooked chicken and keep cooking till chicken is rendered almost dry.
- Add julienned ginger towards the end of cooking.
- Turn off heat and add fried green chillies.
- Serve hot on a bed of rice or noodles.