Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
oh my, this ended up dangerous. i think i need to try this more often with different veggies like leeks, portabellos, fresh tomatoes, etc. the amounts are all approximate. i just threw this together. resist the urge to use dried basil or powdery kraft parmesan, they do NOT taste the same. you could probably freeze this, pre-assembled or partially cooked, just like most lasagna.
- 16 lasagna noodles (oven ready type, might need to break to fit)
- 410 ml alfredo sauce (one jar classico flavor of your choice, or 1 1/2 cups equivalent)
- 1 1⁄2 cups vegetarian chicken pieces, chopped
- 1⁄2 white onion, chopped
- 3 white mushrooms, large, chopped
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained (one pkg)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 large garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- salt, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄2 cup white wine (drinking wine, not cooking wine, but cheep is ok)
- 1⁄2 cup 1% low-fat milk
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 1 cup pre-shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parmesan cheese, grated
- preheat oven to 325f, grease a 9" square pan.
- mix everything except cheeses and noodles in a bowl, adjust seasonings and liquid if needed. it should be the consistency of a thick tomato sauce. swap out the veggies as you like.
- layer sauce and 4 noodles per layer three times (start and end with noodles), reserving a bit of sauce for the top.
- spread the last thin layer of sauce, followed by the mozza and parmesan. cover with foil.
- bake at 325f for an hour or until noodles are soft. uncover and turn the heat up to 400f for 10 min to brown cheese.
- let cool for 10 min, serve with a mild salad and white wine.