Recipe by dojemi
"Watermelon soaked in vodka has long been a favorite of resourceful frat bothers and sorority sisters. This adult version, with a touch of Chambord and vanilla, maintains the fun factor while being refined enough to serve to more discriminating revelers." .
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1⁄4 cup Chambord raspberry liquor or 1⁄4 cup other raspberry liqueur
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped, seeds reserved
- 1 (7 lb) seedless watermelon, peeled, large dice (about 12 cups)
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine vodka, Chambord, and vanilla seeds in a large bowl.
- Add watermelon and toss to coat in liquors.
- Set aside and let soak at room temperature, mixing occasionally, until the liquor flavor has saturated the melon, about 30 minutes.
- Drain off the vodka mixture (reserve for cocktails as desired) and arrange the watermelon in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Place in the freezer until frozen, about 4 hours.
- Serve with toothpicks.