Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs 30 mins
Compliments of a Chow article on perfect snacks for a Wii party. Haven't tried yet but sounds delish. Cooking time is freezer/marinade time.
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise and scraped, seeds reserved
- 1⁄2 cup vodka
- 1⁄4 cup Chambord raspberry liquor or 1⁄4 cup other raspberry liqueur
- 1 (7 lb) seedless watermelon, peeled, large dice (about 12 cups)
- Combine vanilla seeds, vodka, and Chambord in a large bowl. Add watermelon and toss. Let soak at room temperature, mixing occasionally, until the liquor flavor has saturated the melon, about 30 minutes.
- Drain off the vodka mixture and arrange the watermelon in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place in the freezer until frozen, about 4 hours. Serve with toothpicks.