Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I adopted this from the Recipezaar account and updated the ingredients/instructions after making it. Updated again to add capers to ingredients. Serve as a spread for sandwiches or with crackers, veggies, bread cubes, and/or cheese sticks as a dip.
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons brandy
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice or 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 (6 ounce) cans albacore tuna in water, drained & flaked
- 2 whole green onions, minced
- 4 teaspoons capers, drained
- Beat (with a mixer or by hand) the cream cheese, brandy, lemon juice, hot sauce and salt to a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Blend in the sour cream and mayonnaise.
- Mix in the tuna, green onion, and capers and blend until almost smooth.
- May be served at room temperature or chilled.
Made this for Chives Herb of the Month. As with both reviewers, it needed something, but I wanted the tuna to stand out too. I added some kalamata olives, lemon zest, and some fresh parsley and that was it. Just a bit more salt and that fresh parsley for a little more flavor. I served it on baguettes lightly toasted. I think on a sandwich it would be very rich for me, but loved it on baguettes or on crackers for a dip. None left, isn't that the perfect sign! Thx
I made this for sandwiches and we all enjoyed them, I used lite cream cheese and like chia think its just missing that little 'something'
this is very rich and creamy. the hot sauce added great flavor, i added extra.i do think this needed something extra, maybe olives or pickles, i'm not sure.