Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
My variation on sweet potato casserole for the holidays.
Make and share this Drunken Sweet Potato Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs sweet potatoes or 2 lbs cut yams, canned
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 -3 tablespoons cognac or 2 -3 tablespoons brandy
- 1⁄4 cup roughly chopped pecans
- miniature marshmallow, to put on top (optional)
- Spray 2-quart casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray. Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix brown sugar, maple syrup, and cognac in small saucepan. Heat over medium to medium-high heat until bubbly. Stir and cook for 1-2 minutes until thickened slightly.
- Drain sweet potatoes and place in prepared 2-quart casserole dish.
- Pour sauce from saucepan over sweet potatoes and mix gently to coat. Sprinkle with pecans. Sprinkle with marshmallows if desired.
- Bake for 30-40 minutes or until sauce is thick and bubbly and marshmallows (if using) are lightly browned.