Thanks to my sister for this OOPS! of a recipe. We messed up a recipe for strawberries romanoff, but couldn't resist devouring the "drunken" marinated berries anyways!!! WARNING: this recipe is for adults only.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash and drain berries well.
- 2Hull and quarter berries and place in a large bowl.
- 3Add sugar and toss to coat berries.
- 4Add amaretto and again stir to coat.
- 5Cover bowl tightly and refrigerate until serving.
- 6Serving suggestion: Place heaping amount into wine goblet and sprinkle with sliced roasted almonds or whipped cream. This would also be heavenly over pound cake or angel food cake topped with whipped cream.
- 7**Feel free to play with the amounts of sugar (less, more or omitting it) and amaretto (more or less) to your taste -- some people prefer it sweeter and some prefer the stronger amaretto taste.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drunken Strawberries
Serving Size: 1 (211 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 145.6
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 26.6 g
- Protein 2.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: