Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Thanks to my sister for this OOPS! of a recipe. We messed up a recipe for strawberries romanoff, but couldn't resist devouring the "drunken" marinated berries anyways!!! WARNING: this recipe is for adults only.
- Wash and drain berries well.
- Hull and quarter berries and place in a large bowl.
- Add sugar and toss to coat berries.
- Add amaretto and again stir to coat.
- Cover bowl tightly and refrigerate until serving.
- Serving suggestion: Place heaping amount into wine goblet and sprinkle with sliced roasted almonds or whipped cream. This would also be heavenly over pound cake or angel food cake topped with whipped cream.
- **Feel free to play with the amounts of sugar (less, more or omitting it) and amaretto (more or less) to your taste -- some people prefer it sweeter and some prefer the stronger amaretto taste.
MUST TRY THIS RECIPE! This is a very good recipe and fun to make! Good to the last drop!