Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is great for a quick supper dish or a hot dip/fondue for a party.
Make and share this Drunken South of the Border Welsh Rarebit/ Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- Melt butter over low heat in heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Add cheese and cook until it melts.
- In a bowl beat egg and yolk then add beer.
- Slowly stir egg/beer into cheese mixture.
- Cook until it thickens.
- Stir in rest of the ingredients.
- Serve at once over crisp crackers.
- Or use as a fondue/hot dip with large pretzels/toast fingers/celery stalks etc.
- I leave a bottle of Tabasco out for the tougher among us.