Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is great for a quick supper dish or a hot dip/fondue for a party.
Make and share this Drunken South of the Border Welsh Rarebit/ Fondue recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 lb jalapeno pepper cheese, shredded
- 1 egg (room temp.)
- 1 egg yolk
- 1⁄2 beer (I use the microbrewery kind as it has more flavor)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard or 1 tablespoon of spicy prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Melt butter over low heat in heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- Add cheese and cook until it melts.
- In a bowl beat egg and yolk then add beer.
- Slowly stir egg/beer into cheese mixture.
- Cook until it thickens.
- Stir in rest of the ingredients.
- Serve at once over crisp crackers.
- Or use as a fondue/hot dip with large pretzels/toast fingers/celery stalks etc.
- I leave a bottle of Tabasco out for the tougher among us.