This is great for a quick supper dish or a hot dip/fondue for a party.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter over low heat in heavy bottomed sauce pan.
- 2Add cheese and cook until it melts.
- 3In a bowl beat egg and yolk then add beer.
- 4Slowly stir egg/beer into cheese mixture.
- 5Cook until it thickens.
- 6Stir in rest of the ingredients.
- 7Serve at once over crisp crackers.
- 8Or use as a fondue/hot dip with large pretzels/toast fingers/celery stalks etc.
- 9I leave a bottle of Tabasco out for the tougher among us.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drunken South of the Border Welsh Rarebit/ Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (85 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 57.6
- Calories from Fat 46
- Total Fat 5.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 107.7 mg
- Sodium 337.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 2.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
jalapeno pepper cheese