Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
A different kind of rum ball for adults and kids—hearty, chunky, chewy and a little dangerous.
Make and share this Drunken Snowballs recipe from Food.com.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 6 tablespoons carob powder
- 3⁄4 cup unsweetened carob chips
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups rolled oats
- powdered sugar, as needed, for rolling
- sweetened flaked coconut, as needed, for rolling
- chopped walnuts, as needed, for rolling
- Cream butter and sugar together. Mixture should be light and fluffy.
- Add water, rum, and vanilla and combine.
- Add carob powder, chip, and oats. Mix well.
- Roll into small balls. If dough is not sticking together well, splash a little water on it.
- If desired, roll in chopped walnuts, or confectioner's sugar, or coconut, or a combination of all three.
- *Carob (also known as St. John's bread) is the fruit of an evergreen tree that is native to the eastern Mediterranean-a delicious, vitamin-packed, virtually fat-free substitute for chocolate, with a bittersweet tang. You can easily purchase carob powder and chips in your local health food store.