1/2 Photos of Drunken Sloppy Joes
These drunken sloppy joes were inspired by by the drunken meatballs recipe that I make (Drunken Meatballs (With Crock Pot Instructions)). I had a gathering with a group of friends that usually request the drunken meatballs but I wanted to try to do something else. So, I looked at what I had in the house and came up with Drunken Sloppy Joes. I am sure any kind of bourbon would work but I drink so little (funny considering this recipe) that I have been working through the same bottle of Southern Comfort since Christmas.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat the olive oil in a large and deep pan.
- 2Add the onions and fry gently until they have started to go tender. This takes about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- 3Crumble in the ground beef and cook, stirring when needed, until all of the meat is browned. This took me about 8 minutes.
- 4Add the ketchup, Southern Comfort and brown sugar and stir until everything is combined with the meat.
- 5Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer and continue to simmer for about 15 minutes, stirring now and then.
- 6Stir in the dijon mustard and then let simmer for another 15 minutes or until the sauce is the thickness you like with a sloppy joe.
- 7Serve on buns.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drunken Sloppy Joes
Serving Size: 1 (236 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 539.0
- Calories from Fat 84
- Total Fat 9.3 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 93.7 mg
- Sodium 811.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 53.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 50.1 g
- Protein 33.7 g