Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This recipe created by Jayson Walker can be used for either shrimp, scallops or both. Cook time does not include skewer soaking or seafood marinating.
- 1 cup vodka
- 1 cup citrus juice (made from freshly squeezed orange, lime, and lemon juice)
- 1⁄4 cup peeled gingerroot, chopped
- 1⁄2 garlic clove, finely minced
- sugar, to taste
- 1 cup miso
- 1⁄2 cup sesame oil (canola or vegetable oil would also work)
- 1 lb shrimp, rinsed, shells intact
- 1⁄2 lb bay scallop
- Soak skewers in water for 45 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, combine vodka, citrus, ginger, garlic, sugar, and miso paste and whisk until mixed. Slowly whisk in oil until smooth.
- Pour marinade over unpeeled shrimp and scallops; cover and let marinate in refrigerator for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Preheat ~ ignite ~ light -- fire up your GRILL!
- Skewer shrimp and scallops (four to a skewer is optimal) and place on grill over direct heat. Allow tails and legs of shrimp to slightly blacken before turning. Scallops should brown slightly before turning.
I made this with shrimp and chicken. I had the fresh citrus, but used ginger powder, honey and a little soy sauce to make up the 1/4 C sesame oil (1/2 recipe). I think it tastes better on the shrimp than on the chicken. So would make it with only shrimp next time. Made for Asian tag 8-09.
Mmmmmmm...another winner Jen! Delicious and simple to put together. I reduced the quantity of marinade ingredients by half and it was perfect. I tasted the marinade and the Japanese in me told me to add a bit of soy sauce and I did. I cooked these on stovetop grill. Made for Asian forum unrated Asian recipe tag game.