Prep 30 mins
Cook 5 mins
I got this recipe from a Kikkoman booklet. I haven't try it yet, but all the other recipes I've made from this booklet, turned out GREAT. So I have high hopes.
- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 1⁄3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Combine sherry, 2 ts cornstarch and 1/2 ts sugar in a medium bowl; stir in shrimp until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine soy sauce, water, vinegar and remaining cornstarch and sugar; set aside.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat; add green onions, ginger and garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and stir fry for 3 minutes or until pink.
- Pour in soy sauce mixture; cook and stir until sauce thickens.
- Garnish as desired.
This was okay. I accidently bought pre-cooked shrimp so I don't think the marinade really worked.
THANK YOU so much for posting this!! It is my ALL-TIME favorite recipe, & I lost my booklet.... It is sooooooooo good!