- 1 lb raw shrimp, peeled
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 1⁄3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 1 teaspoon sugar, divided
- 3 tablespoons light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine sherry, 2 ts cornstarch and 1/2 ts sugar in a medium bowl; stir in shrimp until well coated. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile combine soy sauce, water, vinegar and remaining cornstarch and sugar; set aside.
- Heat oil in wok over high heat; add green onions, ginger and garlic and stir fry for 30 seconds.
- Add shrimp and stir fry for 3 minutes or until pink.
- Pour in soy sauce mixture; cook and stir until sauce thickens.
- Garnish as desired.