Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
Tapas offer an alternative to traditional appetizers. This is one of my favorites. Make ahead.
- 2 lbs raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 (12 ounce) bottles beer
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 6 black peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine all ingredients, except shrimp, in a large pot. Bring to a boil.
- Add the shrimp, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Leave the shrimp in the cooking liquid to cool, and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Drain and serve cold, moistening the shrimp with some of the cooking liquid; serve on individual plates, spooning a bit of the marinade on top.
- Serve 8 as a tapa.