Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Original recipe was from the Food Network courtesy of Emeril. Changed the recipe a bit to fit our tastebuds and let me just say, this is a terrific way to make shrimp. Presentation is good enough for a dinner party.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger (fresh minced)
- 12 large shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence (recipe is here on zaar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup Scotch whisky
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic& ginger, then saute for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp, Essence, salt, lemon juice,& whiskey to the pan and cook until the shrimp are pink.
- (about 2 minutes).
- Remove the shrimp from the pan with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add the honey& cream to the pan and cook until thickened.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and stir well to coat.
- Serve immediately alone or over a bed of noodles or rice.
This is wonderful! I was hesitant because of the scotch but it's really tasty!
I just made it and my son tried it and he really likes it. If I could give it ten stars I would. Out of this world and thanks for posting it, I will make it again soon.
This was probably one of the best recipes I have ever made in my life!! wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!! More people need to try this because they are missing out!!!!! My hubby loved this and even my two small boys cleaned their plates! Although they did keep asking what the shrimp was called since this was the first recipe I made them with shrimp in it! : )