Recipe by Chippie1
Original recipe was from the Food Network courtesy of Emeril. Changed the recipe a bit to fit our tastebuds and let me just say, this is a terrific way to make shrimp. Presentation is good enough for a dinner party.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup shallot (finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon ginger (fresh minced)
- 12 large shrimp (peeled & deveined)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Emeril's Original Essence (recipe is here on zaar)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄8 cup Scotch whisky
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 cup heavy cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the shallots and cook until soft, about 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic& ginger, then saute for 1 minute.
- Add the shrimp, Essence, salt, lemon juice,& whiskey to the pan and cook until the shrimp are pink.
- (about 2 minutes).
- Remove the shrimp from the pan with a slotted spoon and keep warm.
- Add the honey& cream to the pan and cook until thickened.
- Return the shrimp to the pan and stir well to coat.
- Serve immediately alone or over a bed of noodles or rice.