Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I was always leary of trying shark until I was at a cookout and this was served. Had to have the recipe after that!
- 4 (8 ounce) shark fillets, Rinsed & Patted Dry
- 1 yellow onion, Medium, Chopped
- 1 -2 garlic clove, Peeled & Chopped
- 1 bay leaf, Broken in Half
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, Freshly Squeezed (1 large lemon)
- 1 ounce Bourbon or 1 ounce whiskey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon parsley, Dried & Rubbed
- In a shallow glass baking dish, place the fish.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine herbs and spices, bourbon whiskey, and water. Stir.
- Add vegetables.
- Pour over fish and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- After refrigerating for 3-4 hours, turn fish over to marinate other side.
- Remove fish from marinade and bake in a shallow greased dish at 350 degrees for 10 minutes per inch of the steaks thickness, measuring at the thickest point of each fillet.
- The fish may also be grilled on a BBQ grill or broiled as well.
- Use the marinade during grilling or broiling to keep it from drying out.