Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
- 1 lb fresh raw shrimp, shelled and deveined
- 2 fluid ounces low sodium soy sauce
- 1 fluid ounce olive oil
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium worcestershire sauce
- 12 fluid ounces ale (NO lite beer please!)
- 6 tablespoons vodka
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons dry minced onions
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon liquid smoke (for gas grill)
- Combine all ingredients in bowl suitable for marinating; add shrimp, and place in refrigerator for 3 hours.
- Cover grill with foil so shrimp does not fall through.
- Heat grill to high; place shrimp on foil and turn when first side turns pink, about 2 minutes.
- Cook on flip side for about 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice or may serve cold with cocktail sauce.
Imagine my surprise when running a search for tofu recipes and coming up with these little babies! I used "shrimp-sized" tofu and made them for the July 2002 Cookout Cookathon. I just got my first bottle of liquid smoke, and it really gave a nice flavor to the tofu. The fact that these guys were also marinated in ale and vodka made them even better. Not everyone like the faint taste of cinnamon. Thanks Miller, not bad for tofu!
Wow, did I really forget to review this? I made it some time ago and was just going through old recipes I had saved and saw this. It is a DELICIOUS shrimp recipe. I threw in a dash of tabasco for the only mod. and these were great grilled.