Recipe by Denise in NH
This is one of the most tender and flavorful pork roast you will ever have eaten. The nice part is, it is all cooked in one casserole so you have a complete meal without a lot of extra pans to wash
Top Review by Cookin-jo
Wonderful pork roast, so tender it falls apart with a fork. I forgot to marinate the pork in advance but still the result was flavourful. I also omitted the green pepper and the turnip for my family's taste. My roast was on the large side so I cooked it a little longer. Thank you for a great recipe.
- 2 -3 lbs pork loin
- 1 cup white wine (or 1/2 cup wine and 1/2 cup apple juice)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic cloves (I use the minced in the jar to save time)
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 2 bay leaves
- 10 small red potatoes, quartered
- 1 lb baby carrots
- 1 large green pepper, halved, seeded and cut into 1/2 inch strips
- 6 stalks celery, sliced thin
- 1 medium turnip, cut in small chunks
- 3 onions, sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate pork loin in wine, garlic and herbs overnight.
- Place pork in a a large covered roasting pan (I used a three quart casserole, but if you want to add a few extra veggies, you may want to go bigger.
- Arrange vegetables around the roast.
- Pour the marinade over roast and vegetables.
- Cover and bake at 350°F for 1 1/2- 2 hours.
- Remove cover and continue baking for another 1/2 hour.