Prep 10 mins
Cook 55 mins
This receipe is very similar to my Grandmothers. It is excellent with Ice Cream.
- 1 flaky pie crust
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 3 lbs ripe peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup peach schnapps
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line the bottom and sides of a 9X13 baking dish with 2/3 of the pie crust.
- Mix brown sugar, flour, cornstarch, cinnamon, and salt in a bowl.
- Add peaches, tossing to coat.
- Whisk peach schnapps, 2 eggs and vanilla in a bowl.
- Add to peach mixture, mix gently.
- Spoon the peach mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- Dot with butter.
- Moisten edges of the pie pastry with water.
- Top with remaining pastry. Seal edges and flute.
- Mix 1 egg and whipping cream in a bowl.
- Brush pastry with egg mixture.
- Sprinkle with raw sugar.
- Bake for 55 minutes.