This is a wonderful recipe for mussel and clam lovers. A very light sauce made with butter & beer. I first tried this at a local restaurant called Bones Grille in Lansdale, PA. I did my best to copy it. I hope you enjoy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place Ale & Butter in sauce pan over medium to low heat.
- 2When butter is melted add leeks, garlic & chili powder.
- 3Bring to a simmer and let reduce half way.
- 4Add milk. Bring back to a simmer for about 5 minutes.
- 5Taste test. For spicier taste buds add more chili powder. Garlic lovers add more garlic.
- 6Steam mussels until open. Pour sauce over mussels.
- 7Squeeze juice from lemon over mussels.
- 8NOTE: I like to double or even triple the recipe & steam the mussels in the sauce. Fresh bread for dunking is a must with my family. I have added a small amount of saffron or tarragon to the sauce for another unique flavor. To stretch the recipe you can always add more milk or the broth from the steamed mussels works well too.
Browse Our Top Mussels Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Mussels Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drunken Mussels
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1063.7
- Calories from Fat 895
- Total Fat 99.4 g
- Saturated Fat 60.6 g
- Cholesterol 306.5 mg
- Sodium 1277.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 1.2 g
- Protein 27.1 g