Prep 0 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This recipe actually cooks for 3-5 hours. Put it on in the morning and let it simmer most of the morning. TRUST ME ON THIS...everyone will go crazy for these!!!
- 3 beef bouillon cubes
- 3 chicken bouillon cubes
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 4 -5 lbs fresh whole mushrooms, stems trimmed
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 quart Burgundy wine
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or 1 garlic clove, minced
- In a large saucepan, bring 2 cups water to boiling. Stir in Bouillon cubes until dissolved. Add remaining ingredients. Slowly bring to a boil over medium heat; reduce to simmer. Cover and simmer 3 hours.
- Uncover; simmer 3 additional hours until liquid is reduced so it just covers mushrooms.
- Adjust seasonings before serving.
Made these for our 4th of July barbq and everyone loved them - so differant and easy to fix. I made them as directed expect for step #2, in the rush forgot to take of the lid so the liquid would reduce - but just drained them off when ready to serve and they where great. Next time I might add some extra worcehstershire sauce and dill weed just for a little more intense taste. Thanks KC for a great recipe.
People love these! When I bring these to a pot luck, people gather around the pot and eat them until they are gone. If you want one you have to squeeze into the pack.
I did for 4 servings. It was 1 bouillon cube of each (beef, chicken, vegetable). But I used 1 1/2 teaspoon of beef granules and chicken granules. Both without salt. It cooked covered 1 hour and a half. And uncover 1 hour. Made for PAC fall 2007. Thanks :)