1/3 Photos of Drunken Mushroom Soup
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Mushrooms and vermouth - who knew they'd taste so good together? Very good, broth-based soup where the mushroom flavor really shines, since there's no cream or milk. It's also vegetarian but could be made vegan (substitute olive oil for butter and vegetable broth for chicken broth). We usually have this all year round, but like it especially to start a Thanksgiving or Christmas dinner. Especially nice since you can make it in advance! Adapted from "Colorado Cache".
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in large saucepan, and cook onions, sugar, and thyme slowly until golden, about 30- 45 minutes.
- 2Add mushrooms and saute for about 5 minutes.
- 3Stir in flour and stir until smooth.
- 4Cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 5Add water and stir until it's smooth and well blended.
- 6Add the rest of the ingredients and heat until the soup comes to a boil.
- 7Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for 10- 15 minutes.
- 8NOTE: you can prepare this in advance, refrigerate it and reheat it on low heat.
Browse Our Top Mushroom Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Drunken Mushroom Soup
Serving Size: 1 (300 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 307.0
- Calories from Fat 165
- Total Fat 18.4 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 45.8 mg
- Sodium 1073.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.8 g
- Sugars 6.9 g
- Protein 7.6 g