Recipe by Sherrybeth
These are a great ending to a light summer meal. The rum really gives the fruit a nice flavor. ***This needs to be refrigerated one hour before serving.***
- 2 cups honeydew balls
- 3 cups watermelon balls
- 2 cups cantaloupe balls
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1 cup light rum
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the melon balls in a large bowl which can be refrigerated.
- Dissolve the sugar in the rum and add the lemon juice.
- Pour the liquid mixture over the melon balls and toss lightly to coat.
- Sprinkle with lemon and lime zest.
- Place in the refrigerator for one hour before serving.
- Toss again slightly before serving.