Recipe by Izzy Knight
An appetizing summer treat. Yummy over jasmin rice.
Top Review by MizzNezz
First class dish!! The ingredients in this one come together beautifully! I used the dried red peppers, but cut them down by half. The sauce is really good. I love these easy stir-frys that deliver a lot of flavor. Served it over short grain rice. I will definitely make this again! Thanks Izzy!!
- 3⁄4 lb medium raw shrimp, shelled,and,deveined,tails left intact
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 4 shallots, peeled & halved
- 6 dried red chili peppers
- 2 stalks lemongrass, bottom 6 inches only,cut into 2 inch lengths,and crushed
- 1⁄4 cup fried garlic, slices
- 1 sprig cilantro
- 1⁄4 cup dry sherry
- 1 tablespoon lime, juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons oyster sauce
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon packed light brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Marinate the shrimp: In a medium bowl, combine the shrimp, rice wine, cornstarch and salt; toss until the shrimp are evenly coated.
- Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Prepare the sauce: In a small bowl combine the rice wine, lime juice, soy sauce, oyster-flavored sauce, fish sauce and brown sugar; stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Place a wok over high heat until hot.
- Add the oil, swirling to coat the sides.
- Add the shallots, chili peppers, lemongrass and fried garlic; stir-fry until fragrant, about 30 seconds.
- Slide the shrimp into the wok; cook, stirring, until the shrimp begin to turn pink, about 1 minute.
- Pour in the sauce; reduce the heat to low, cover and cook until the shrimp are cooked through and the shallots are tender, about 5 minutes.
- Scoop into shallow bowl and garnish with the cilantro sprig.