Recipe by KitchenManiac
These wings are so easy to make, and finger licking good. Every time I bring these to the office as a snack they go in minutes. I usually marinate a whole heap of these wings, and divide them up into bags in the freezer. And each time I am pushed for time, I just pull out a bag (a portion enough for my family) and pop them into the grill. The longer the wings stay marinated, the tastier they are. Whatever you do, do NOT leave the honey out. Makes a BIG difference. Pretty healthy dish.
Top Review by Chap Heng
Easy to make with the following variations: 1) ginger ommitted 2) white pepper replaced with thai chilli powder 3) 1/2 cup of burbon and honey 4) deep fried Nice deep brown color and it tasted great considering that I didn't had the time to marinate it overnight. It was a hit at the party and my guests finished it up.
- 20 chicken wings, with drumlets attached
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 1⁄4 cup light soya sauce
- 10 cloves garlic, minced (very fine)
- 2 teaspoons ginger, minced (very fine)
- 2 teaspoons white pepper
- 2 teaspoons Tabasco sauce (optional)
- 1⁄3 cup Bourbon (Any kind)
- 1⁄3 cup honey
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut chicken wings into two pieces.
- One part wing, and the other drumlet.
- Mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl.
- Add the chicken wings and drumlets into bowl and mix well.
- Wrap bowl with glad wrap and pop it into the fridge overnight.
- The next day, place chicken on the grill and brush with remaining juices in the bowl.
- Grill the chicken at 400 Fahrenheit for 20 minutes turning over once.
- The more often juices from the bowl is brushed on, the tastier the wings will be.